Bunny Therapy - All Ages
Come join us for an hour of pure cuteness overload with Blue Clover Rabbitry's baby bunnies! You will have the opportunity to hold and snuggle baby bunnies that range between a few days old to 8 weeks old. You will also be able to hand feed them treats! Animal therapy has been proven to reduce stress levels, anxiety, depression, and isolation. It also can help reduce blood pressure.
Bunny therapy is designed to help relieve stress and be a calming atmosphere. The honest truth is, most children do not have the attention span to sit for an hour and pet bunnies. While there have been several families with children that have benefitted from this service and have been wonderful, we've had to make some changes to keep the environment calmer and our rabbits safer.
If your children are not calm or cannot follow instructions to sit while holding bunnies, we ask you wait until they are older to attend. We understand parents want to come snuggle bunnies and it's hard to find a sitter, however, safety of our animals comes first and foremost.
You will be briefed when you enter on the rules and expectations.
- No child is to be standing or walking around with a bunny in their hands.
- Parents must be the ones to pickup and hand bunnies to sitting children only.
- Children must keep an inside voice at all times while inside the barn.
- If your child is not holding a bunny, they should not be running around inside the barn. Like mentioned before, attention spans are short, so if you feel it would be hard for them to sit for an hour, we ask you wait until they are older.
- Parents must stay with their children holding bunnies the entire time they are being held. A child is never to be left unattended with a bunny.
We are really cracking down on these rules for the safety of our bunnies. It's understandable that you may need to step outside with your child if they are not following the rules, and we thank you in advance for doing so if necessary.
Thank you so much! Let's keep bunny therapy safe for everyone so we can continue to allow children to come to our events!